Thursday, April 26, 2012

Brrr!


Despite this being the view out the windshield when I parked at Crissy Field this morning, I braved the very windy and very wet day and got in 6.5 miles.  I did have to bribe myself in to getting out of the car with promises of a little shopping trip for some new running necessities but once I was out and going, I was set on getting through the whole session... it's nice to know my hardheadedness is good for something and especially since I plan on it getting me through a significant portion of the marathon!  

Once I was finished running, I kept true to my promise to myself and made my way to the very conveniently located sporting goods store a few blocks away.  I had some success in the form of some serious looking sweat-proof sunscreen, some of those gummy-like energy items that I’m testing out for the marathon (look at me trying to be prepared!) and a new pair of socks to try out.  I also spent what felt like hours trying on running shoes as the “new” pair will absolutely not get me to the finish line.  Unfortunately, I left without any shoe options and am beginning to think I may have to become a shoe designer/manufacturer in order to get some which will fit correctly and not lead to any issues.  I'm holding out hope for next week as I'll be in the vicinity of a great running store on Monday so stay tuned as I’m sure my feet/shoe issues are utterly fascinating!

Speaking of shoes, I should have clomped through some of the giant puddles vs. skirting around them so that I got more than one speck of mud on my shin... it totally doesn't look as hardcore as it felt to be out running in the rain and giant wind gusts.  I'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

Cheers,
SF runner in training 


No comments:

Post a Comment