Friday, April 27, 2012

Tick tock...


I spent some time later in the day yesterday (umm, the SUNNY part of the day… what happened to the torrential downpour I ran in??!) with the training schedule that I created for myself based on plans for novice marathon runners from some pretty well known experts (Hal Higdon and Jeff Galloway) and as a result, am now in complete panic mode about the fact that there are 92 very short days until the marathon (serious yikes). I immediately did what I do best by added to my level of anxiety through obsessively looking up and reading all about the general training, hydration & nutrition errors I’m apparently making.  

So, armed with reminders of all the things I should and shouldn’t be doing, I set off for some nutrition and hydration… the avocado in the guacamole contains the “good” fat and there were muddled strawberries in the margarita so I figured that was a pretty good step in the right direction!



Once my body was appropriately fueled (possibly more appropriately for a night of salsa dancing vs. a runner in training), I decided to shake off the negativity I was feeling earlier and look towards the future and what I can do differently rather than backwards at things I cannot change… something I have struggled with my entire life and that the Dynamic Duo, parents, other friends, random strangers and a therapist whose children I probably put through college have helped me work through for years and years.  So here it is a new day, a new chance to make decisions that support my running goal as well as all of my other goals in life and an opportunity to make the best of this beautiful Friday-and I'm off to do just that!

Cheers,
SF runner in training

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm totally inspired to go out for a (short!) run. So glad it's not raining. . .

    ReplyDelete