Friday, May 4, 2012

Yep, I'm going to run like a diva!

With the Run Like a Diva half marathon coming up the day after tomorrow, I’m busy deciding  what I can test out for the marathon as well as trying to wrap my head around the whole tiara, feather boa, explosion of sparkly pink that I believe it will be.  So far I’ve decided to go back to my OG socks with the addition of some of that anti-friction stuff for my toes (running doesn’t really make for cute little flip-flop feet), maybe the coconut sunscreen (somehow images of tropical drinks garnished with mini umbrellas seems appropriate for this run) and possibly a new pair of Lululemon running capris I’ve had my eye on (it’s not my fault… they woo me with their inspirational adages!).  As far as the sparkly diva stuff goes, I've gone with a rather jarringly bright pink for my toes this week and think that will have to suffice as wearing pink running clothes really accentuates my frighteningly bright pomegranate colored face that will inevitably appear right around the first photo op on the course.

After a fairly long week and a pretty late night last night (one of the perks and  occasionally a drawback of having a musician as my better half!), I’m looking forward to an early night tonight with some quality time on the sofa with something silly on the TV and my latest Runner’s World magazine to flip through.  Tomorrow should be a nice leisurely day and will include some race prep (layout clothes, make sure I have my Aveda Lip Saver, visor, sunglasses, iPod, backup Lip Saver, emergency Lip Saver, etc.), packet pickup, lunch at one of my favorite Burlingame spots and perhaps giving in to the siren call of a little retail therapy to sooth my pre-race nerves.  

I shall leave you today with some running wisdom from Guru Lululemon (yes, I realize I sound slightly obsessed... I just can't walk away from an inspirational saying... or a cute running/yoga/lounging outfit!).  Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that I don’t trip on a wayward tiara, choke on a boa feather or get champagne in my eye at the finish line! 

Cheers,
Sf runner in training

No comments:

Post a Comment