Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm big in Russia.

Among the things I’ve learned by writing this blog (other than the fact that I have a propensity for being rather wordy, really am a sucker for anything inspirational and clearly have some common themes in my life), is that according to the auto generated stats for my blog, apparently I’m quite popular in Russia… okay, maybe “popular” is pushing it a bit but considering that none of my family or friends currently live in Russia and since I believe they are the only ones who actually read this, it’s kind of fun (it also totally reminds me of the scene in that movie Julie and Julia when Julie realizes that her only comment is from her mom… so funny and so my life… well, except for the part where she becomes a famous writer who they make a movie about).

Being home from vacation for a few days has helped to start getting things back on track in terms of my training  and today’s 10 mile run through the fog at my usual spot was definitely easier than the 14 miles on Saturday.  I was still a little sluggish and lower in energy than I normally am… fingers crossed that it’s a result of still working through the aftereffects of vacation and that it will all work itself out once my body realizes that the umbrella drinks have been replaced with Gatorade and the fried food items have been replaced with protein bars. I’ll spare you the details of my toes today but just so you know, I’m thinking I should start checking Google to see if there is such a thing as toe transplants in the event that mine really do fall off after this is all said and done.  

Other than doing everything I can to help myself physically, I’m thinking maybe I should throw some inspirational movies into the mix…  not Eat, Pray, Love because all that does is make me want mass quantities of Pasta and wine and not Forrest Gump because all that does is make me want chocolate and get freaked out thinking about Tom Hanks in that other movie where he has a pet volleyball and acts as his own dentist on the deserted island.  Maybe inspirational songs are a better idea… I wonder if Eye of The Tiger would do the trick or if that will just make me feel really, really old!

10miles, 1hr 45min 32sec, avg 10:33

Cheers (I tried to find a translation of "cheers" for my Russian friends however I don't trust the results and am afraid I may cause an international conflict... you know... because I'm so terribly famous there),
SF runner in training

1 comment:

  1. Я люблю читать ваши blog! Вы огромного вдохновения. Примите письменной!!!

    ReplyDelete