Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Who doesn't love a collage?



The run I did yesterday while still feeling somewhat sick totally caught up with me last night and I went to bed fairly certain that my plan to get up and go for a run this morning wasn’t going to come to fruition.  So when I woke up feeling rather blah still and with my knee that was bothering me yesterday still felt a little funny, it took me a while to decide if this was one of those run through it times or not.  I spent a solid 20 minutes deciding to run, deciding to get back into bed, deciding to have coffee, deciding that I should have water instead, making the bed, sitting down on the half made bed, remaking the part of the bed I messed up, etc., etc.
 
Just as I thought making a decision on what to do was completely hopeless, I found inspiration in the collages that I made a few weeks ago in the hopes that they would offer up encouragement when I needed it most.  Yes, you read that correctly… I absolutely sat on my living room floor with scissors, paper, pictures and quotes and made myself some serious collages (I know, very 8th grade of me but hey, I grew up in a time where the coolest way to decorate your bedroom involved making giant montages from the pages of magazines like Sassy, Seventeen & Tiger Beat while listening to Duran Duran and wondering if George Michael might go with you to prom).   


So with my motivation firmly in place, I crossed the city to Crissy Field and got in 7 flat (I bribed myself with the promise of no hill work today), sunny and relatively painless miles (thank you magic Kinesio tape -that pink and black stuff on my leg in the photo- for keeping my kneecap from trying to escape!).

Tomorrow is a rest day in preparation for the long run on Friday which, to be honest, I’m a bit worried about as 16 miles sounds really, really far. I wonder if I wear that coconut sunscreen, listen to some festive music on my iPod and squint until things are slightly blurry while running I can trick myself into thinking I'm on vacation and that there is a poolside cabana with bottomless mini umbrella drinks waiting for me at the end... Check back in a few days and I'll let you know if it played out as planned or if I ended up tripping over a tourist from my blurred vision and slightly nauseated  from the overwhelming scent of coconuts.

7miles, 1hr 10min 44sec, avg 10.06

Cheers,
SF runner in training

No comments:

Post a Comment